Please note it is NOT necessary to have completed Level 1 before entering for Level 2.
Saturday Courses - who are they designed for?
We run Saturday sessions for those who have a busy schedule in London unable to sacrifice a working day.
The sessions run for 6 hours, starting at 11am and finishing at 5pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your evening
There are 3 full sessions and an exam session. At the end of the final day is the exam.
Course Outline :
Saturday 23rd Oct - Session 1 - Tasting Technique, Grapegrowing & Winemaking
Saturday 30th Oct - Session 2 - Grape varieties
Saturday 6th Nov- Session 3 - Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines, 1 hour Exam.
The fee of £395 includes
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wines (approx 30 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
What the course covers:
- Wine tasting: You will learn how to taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting (SAT)
- Food and wine pairing: You will learn the principles of food and wine pairing
- Wine service and storage: You will learn the correct way to store and serve wine and how to recognise common faults found in wine
- Labelling: You will learn how to decode and understand wine labels
- Factors influencing the style of wine: You will explore how environmental factors, grape-growing, vineyard and maturation options influence the style and quality of the wines made all over the world
- Grape varieties: You'll learn about the styles of wines produced by the key international red and white grape varieties (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Syrah/Shiraz) as well as the styles of wines made with 22 regionally important grape varieties grown in 70 wine regions (GI's) around the world
- Sparkling and Fortified wines: You will be taught how grape varieties and winemaking processes influence the style of wines in these two key wine categories