Wines to be tasted-
- Chateau Guadet (St Emilion GCC) 2014 (n/a UK)
- Chateau Guadet 2015 (n/a UK)
- Chateau Guadet 2016 (n/a UK)
- Chateau la Gaffeliere (Premiers St Emilion GCC B) 2014 (RRP £90)
- Chateau la Gaffeliere 2015 (RRP £105)
- Chateau la Gaffeliere 2016 (RRP £105)
The idea with this tasting is to study the wines in two seperate ways:
a classic vertical tasting where you look at one producer over several different vintages to see the effect of the weather in each year
a classic horizontal tasting where you compare wines from different producers which are made in the same year, this gives you a feel for the 'house style'.
Given that we will be enjoying both 2015 and 16, two of the finest Bordeaux vintages, certainly since 09/10. These should be really good!
Of course, each Chateau has a story in its own right, and I'll be trying to bring those to life. But the comparative element of this tasting really excites me!
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'