West London Wine School is proud to offer the WSET Level 1 Award in Sake course. This is an introductory course to the dynamic world of Japanese sake. There are no pre-requisites to take this course. The Level 1 Award in Sake course focuses on learning the basics on how sake is made, how to taste and describe it, and the different styles and grades. You will also learn about how to pair it with food, serve and store it.
Who should consider studying WSET Level 1 in Sake?
- The WSET Level 1 Award in Sake course teaches students the basic skills and product knowledge required in the styles and process of making sake.
- This course is a great introductory course for the sake enthusiast who wishes to study in a structured way: the qualification will cover skills such as identifying sake styles, categories of sake and service.
No previous experience of Sake Tasting is necessary to register on this course.
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click on the link to view the COURSE SPECIFICATION including sample exam questions.
- Sake tasting: Tasting and describe spirits using the WSET L1 systematic approach to sake tasting
- Sake service: Learn the different serves for sake and what types of sake are suited to each serve
- Sake production: Learn what sakes are made from and how they are made
- Categories and styles of sake: Learn about the main categories and different styles within each category. Including: Ginjo, Daiginjo, Junmai, Honjozo
- Number of sake tasted: At least 7 sakes will be tasted as part of the course
- Duration of course: 1 day including examination
- Examination: Multiple choice paper of 30 questions to be completed in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will receive a certificate suitable for framing and label pin.