Our World of Wine course runs for 8 consecutive weekday evenings in Brighton. No experience necessary and the emphasis is upon learning by tasting lots of different wines!
What will you get from this course?
- You’ll taste 50 different wines from 12 countries, 40 regions and over 40 different grape varieties
- You’ll learn how to sniff, swirl and sip like a professional and how to describe a wine to family and friends
- You’ll understand the flavour and aromas associated with the world’s major grape varieties
- You will know the world’s major wine regions and the wine styles they produce
- How wine is made, the importance of soils and climate and the influence of the winemaker
- How to identify a faulty wine
- How to read and decipher wine labels
- The best ways to store and serve wine
- You’ll learn all about pairing food and wine, giving you lots of ideas to try at home
- How to choose better wine in shops and restaurants
- A whole new wine vocabulary, plus you will meet like-minded people who enjoy wine
And most importantly…you’ll understand which wines you like and why
Our World of Wine course makes a great gift and can be purchased as a gift voucher for £220
What if I can’t make one of the evenings?
Not a problem. You can either send a substitute, pick up the session on the next course or request a credit voucher.
Course Programme and Dates:
Sessions run on 8 consecutive Thursday evenings at our venue in Brighton. They start at 7pm and last for approximately 2 hours, ending at around 9pm
Week 1: Tour de France - the classic regions
Week 2: Discover Italy
Week 3: Explore Spain & Portugal
Week 4: Discover Germany, Austria & England
Week 5: Explore Australia & New Zealand
Week 6: Discover Chile & Argentina
Week 7: The Wines of South Africa & USA
Week 8: Sparkling and Sweet Wines of the World
Review: "I did the 8 week World of Wine course and wow I learnt a lot, and tasted a lot of great wines from all over the world. This course is informative but does not overload you with too much information, which is great if you want to get a good basic understanding! A relaxed atmosphere and a really nice way to spend an evening, learning and trying wines. A great experience and great price. I highly recommend!" Emily