Our 8 Week World of Wine Course is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine and runs one evening per week. It's flexible as you can pick up any missed sessions on the next 8 week course!
No previous wine experience required – the emphasis is on learning by tasting different wines.
Great value - get One Night Free!
- pay £210 course fee
- this SAVES £30 compared to individual session prices (one night free)
Recent review: "I did the 8 week World Wine Tasting and wow i learnt a lot, and tasted a lot of great wines from all over the world. This course is informative but does not overload you with too much information, which is great if you want to get a good basic understanding! A relaxed atmosphere and a really nice way to spend an evening, learning and trying wines. A great experience and great price. I highly recommend!" Emily
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course. We run three courses a year.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting around 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
KEY FEATURES OF THE WORLD OF WINE COURSE
- Taste over 50 delicious wines in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £6 and £20
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine and food matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache and others
- Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc and others
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting notes and course notes are all provided
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
- Week 1 - France: the major regions + tasting skills, aromas, grape varieties
- Week 2 - Italy: the major wines + how wine is made
- Week 3 - Spain & Portugal + the importance of climate and weather
- Week 4 - Germany, Autria, UK + principles of wine and food pairing
- Week 5 - Australia & New Zealand + understanding wine labels
- Week 6 - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
- Week 7 - USA & South Africa + serving and storing wine
- Week 8 - Sparkling & Sweet wines + end of course drink
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing by 9pm. Each week we will examine how different grape varieties, different climates and local wine-making techniques impact on the aromas and flavours of the wine. Through practice and our guidance you will learn how to identify the wine's characteristics - we show you how to taste and appraise wine like a professional.