The 8-Week Introduction to the World of Wine Course is a fun, practical introduction to the wines of the world. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. Through this course, you will also learn which wines you like and where to buy them as well as gain confidence navigating wine lists.
- Week 1: Burgundy & Loire
- Week 2: Bordeaux, Rhone, South France
- Week 3: Alsace, Germany, Austria & UK
- Week 4: Italy, Spain & Portugal
- Week 5: Australia & New Zealand
- Week 6: Chile & Argentina
- Week 7: North America & South Africa
- Week 8: Sparkling and Dessert Wines from around the World
Additionally, each week will cover other topics such as:
- Tasting skills, detecting different aromas and understanding wine labels
- Learning how wine is made including the use of oak and other winemaking techniques and practices
- Wine service best practices - serving temperatures & decanting
- Exploring supermarkets vs independent wine merchants
- Food & wine matching
- Understanding the importance of climate & weather in grape-growing
- Wine storage best practices
- Common wine faults
- And more!
What if I have to miss any evenings?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for other South London Wine School courses and tastings.
This South London 8-week Wine Course can also be purchased as a great Gift idea for any occasion.