The French Wine Scholar™ (FWS) study and certification program is geared for members of the wine trade and avid French wine enthusiasts. It is endorsed by the National French Wine Office and successful candidates are conferred the French Wine Scholar™ title and encouraged to use the FWS post-nominal as part of their professional signatures. They will also receive the French Wine Scholar certificate and lapel pin.
Download the French Wine Scholar™ Brochure here or watch the promotional video here.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER STUDYING THE FWS COURSE?
- FWS is designed to test for proficiency in ALL the wines and wine regions of France.
- FWS is ideal for those currently studying or completed WSET Level 3 and Level 4 as an ideal supplement
- FWS is also ideal for those who hold an enthusiastic interest for the French wine industry
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course but we strongly recommend that you have a passion for, or interest in, French wine; that will be more important!
Sunday 5th November, 12th November, 19th November, 26th November and 3rd December
- The French Wine Scholar™ curriculum is comprised of 4 weekend classes over consecutive weeks, with a revision session and the exam taking place on the 5th week.
- All students receive a study book (please see an excerpt below) as well as access to the fantastic course E-Learning Modules
- An average of 14-16 wines will be tasted per class with some matching with typical regional cheeses and meats
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
Our Local Wine Schools in the Press
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'