The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines offers a practical introduction to wine.
This course is suitable for:
- anyone considering embarking on a career in wine or hospitality
- anybody in the drinks or hospitality industry with little or no wine knowledge
- amateur wine ethusiasts who want to learn about wine in a structured way
What the course covers:
- What wine is and how is it made
- The key types and styles of wine
- The world's principal grape varieties and most important named wines
- How to serve and store wine
- How to pair food and wine
- This course is examined by a 45 minute multiple choice examination which is completed at the end of the day.
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you book the course (read it by clicking here).
Our venue is very easily accessible by rail (opposite Norwich rail station) and there is plenty of public parking nearby.
Booking deadline: Tuesday 4th April
It may be possible to accommodate you after this date as a late booking but this will incur a late registration fee of £25. Please call or e-mail before booking after the booking deadline.
Please bring photo ID (passport or driving licence) with you on the day as this is a requirement for sitting the exam.
The course fee of £195 includes
- WSET study book: An introduction to Wine
- a tasting of at least six wines
- food & wine matching activities
- professional WSET tuition by a WSET-Certified Tutor
- a 30 minute exam preparation session held via Zoom
- examination fees
- internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass
Special Educational Needs
Please make us aware if you have a condition qualifying you for additional help during the exam (such as dyslexia).