The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine or those beginning a career in wine or hospitality.
What the course covers:
- The basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- How to store and serve wine
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read this document by clicking here
This course is delivered in a day with the exam at the end of the session and includes a tasting of 9 different wines.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
- Sunday 7th Novermber 9am to 5.30pm
Registration Deadline: Friday 29th October
The course fee of £185 includes:
- Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge
- Full day's tuition with a fully certified WSET course educator
- Examination preparation session inc mock exam questions
- In class examination
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification including certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.