Our Saturday Course is our flagship full-day food and wine experience. We ease you into the morning with a glass of English Fizz with breakfast inspired canapés and the day also includes a delicious 3-course seasonal lunch.
Your venue is the historic sixteenth century Suckling House which is home to Cinema City, Norwich's arthouse cinema and leading entertainment complex. With its stunning vaulted ceilings and pretty courtyard garden it's the perfect setting for the day.
During the day you will taste at least 15 wines, from all around the world and learn all about wine including how to make amazing food and wine pairings. The day is suitable for anybody, from beginners to budding connoisseurs and is a relaxed, informal event.
Overview of the day:
- The day starts at 10am with a glass of English Fizz and breakfast inspired canapés
- You'll then enjoy a practical introduction to wine tasting including how to sip, slurp and sniff like a professional
- In the morning you'll taste a range of classic wine styles from the Old World including France, Italy & Spain
- We then break for a delicious 3-course lunch (with more wine)
- The afternoon session starts with a fun blind tasting session
- We then take your on a tour of the New World tasting wines from Australia, Chile, South Africa & Argentina
- Finally we'll reveal how you can make great food and wine pairings and finish with some fine cheese paired with more wine!
- The day ends at approx 4pm
The day is hosted in The Marchesi Room, a bright and comfortable private room in the historic part of the building. It is located on the 1st floor with access by lift if required.
If pre-booking transport we recommend you arrange to be picked up around 30 minutes after the event finishes.
If you have any specific dietary requirements, please advise us at least one week in advance of your course via e-mail info@norfolkwineschoolcom
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'