- 6 Full Days -Mondays 19th and 26th Sept, 3rd, 17th , 24th and 31st October. *no class on 10th Oct.
- 10.00am to approx. 6pm
You can pay in full or pay a:
- £425 deposit HERE
- £300 balance payment HERE *due 4 weeks before the start date
- flexible payment options also available CONTACT US to discuss
WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts.
If you are looking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality.
What the course covers
- Wine Tasting: Taste, describe and analyse wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching: A guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Labelling: Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Wine Production: Learn about the production factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine from vineyard to bottling
- Light Wines: Learn about the styles of wines produced in the key wine regions and districts of the world: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, Greece, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, North and South America, England and Wales
- Sparkling Wines: Learn about the methods of production and the main styles of sparkling wines from the key wine producing countries: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, New World - Australia, California, New Zealand, South Africa
- Fortified Wines: Learn about the methods of production/main styles of fortified wines from the key wine countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Australia
Examination: The examination is in two parts and takes place in the afternoon session of the final day of the course. The WSET Exam fee is included in the course cost.
- Theory paper: a combined theory paper consisting of a 50 question multiple-choice section and a four question short answer written section. 2 hours.
Tasting: a blind tasting of two wines. A mark of 55% required in all sections to pass. 1 hour.
Study with us with confidence as or gradualtes consistently achieve higher than global average exam results.
The qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification. To view the full course specification, including examples of exam questions, please click HERE.
Recommended Private Study: 56 hours additional private study is recommended for this course. It is strongly recommended the majority of the private study is done in preparation for each session. Private study is essential to ensure that you are ready and prepared for the exam.
Entry requirements: Although not essential, we do recommend you have completed the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines before enrolling on the course. The syllabus assumes that candidates already possess a good basic understanding of simple wine making techniques, key grape varieties and viticultural patterns.
The fee of £725 includes
- All WSET course materials including; 'Accounting For Style And
- Quality' course manual (comprehensive 250 page textbook), Study Guide and Full SAT Tasting Card
- All wine tasting samples (60 to 70 wines inc Premier and Grand Cru samples)
- The use of professional ISO tasting glasses
- 6 days of professional WSET tuition by a WSET Certified tutor
- Teaching of the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Wine (SAT) ® which will enable you to analyse wines objectively and consistently in preparation for the tasting exam
- Two fully marked mock tasting exams and weekly written exam technique sessions to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam
- Comprehensive student support by WSET certified educator outside of class time should you have any questions before, during and after the course
- Weekly homework with detailed feedback
- Registration with WSET and all examination fees
- Internationally-recognised certificate and pin badge upon successful completion
- VAT at 20% (VAT receipt can be provided on request)
Special Educational Needs
Please make us aware if you have a condition that may mean you qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.