The French Wine Scholar (FWS) study and certification program from the Wine Scholar Guild is geared for members of the wine trade and avid French wine enthusiasts. It is endorsed by the National French Wine Office and successful candidates are conferred the French Wine Scholar title (FWS) and encouraged to use the FWS post-nominal as part of their professional signatures. They will also receive the French Wine Scholar certificate and lapel pin.
Course Dates (All Wednesday Evenings):
- 5th Jan: Introduction & Alsace
- 12th Jan: Champagne
- 19th Jan: Burgundy
- 26th Jan: Beaujolais
- 2nd Feb: Jura, Savoie, South-West
- 9th Feb: Loire
- 16th Feb: Bordeaux
- 23rd Feb: Languedoc, Roussillon, Provence, Corsica
- 2nd Mar: Rhone
- 9th Mar: Exam (100 multiple choice, 1 hour exam at 7pm)
The Fee of £645 includes:
- A comprehensive Study Manual (latest edition)
- Approx 65 key French wines to taste from all regions including lesser known wines from Corsica, Jura, Savoie and South West.
- Cheeses and charcuterie to enjoy with each regional session
- Professional tuition by Wine Scholar Guild certified tutor
- Examination fees
- Use of Sussex Wine School wine tasting glasses
- Access to the E-Learning Package (20 multimedia modules, review quizzes, forums, downloadable maps & etc)
- Internationally recognised qualification certificate and pin for those who pass.
Course Tutor: Jonny Gibson (Kent Wine School founder)
Invoice available on request - simply email us after your purchase