What the course covers
You will gain knowledge of the world’s principal, and regionally important, grape varieties, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, candidates will explore the factors that impact style, and quality, and learn how to describe wines with confidence.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification. No prior wine knowledge is required. However the course builds upon the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines, which may be more suitable for those completely new to the world of wine. We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read the full spec by clicking here.
The 8 x 2-hour online sessions run on Monday evenings.
• The Level 2 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by one of our certified wine educators
• Candidates will receive a complete WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course study pack, comprising the course book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world 'Behind the Label'), a study guide (complete with maps, example questions and forms for your own tasting notes), course specification and laminated 'Systematic Approach To Tasting' card
• The course includes 16 hours online tuition (8 x 2 hour sessions) and we recommend a minimum of 12 hours additional study
• Your tutor will taste 12 wines with you on the course (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below)
• You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
• You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as are basic computer skills.
To obtain the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is a 50 multiple-choice question paper to be completed in one hour. You must answer at least 55% correctly to pass the exam. The exam is taken, from home, using Remote Invigilation Technology - further details will be provided at the time of booking although you do not need to commit to an exam date at that stage.
Course Schedule and Important Dates
Registration Deadline: Monday 29 August 2022
The 8 x 2-hour online classroom sessions run from 6:30 to 8:30pm as follows:
The course fee of £340 includes
• All WSET course materials posted to you at no extra charge including ‘Looking Behind the Label’ course manual, Study Guide, specification and SAT Tasting Card
• Eight LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
• Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
• Internationally recognised WSET qualification, certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
• All WSET registration and exam fees.
It is recommended that twelve wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course.
Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above.
We have put together a recommended selection of wines, specifically designed to accompany the course and illustrate key learning outcomes. The wines have been negotiated at a specially discounted price, only available to our online students. Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided when you book your place.
Special Educational Needs
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
This event is online only.
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'
Best Wine Courses - "5 Wine Schools I rate"