The WSET Level 1 in Wines Award is an entry level qualification providing a straightforward introduction to wine. It is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine or those beginning a career in wine or hospitality.
The course is completed in a single day and includes a 45 minute 30 question multiple choice exam. Please bring a photo ID with you on the day (this is a requirement for sitting the exam). A passport or driving licence is best.
All our course tutors are qualified to deliver courses on behalf of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust.
What the course covers:
• The main types and styles of wine
• Common wine grapes and their characteristics
• Food and wine pairings
• Storage and service of wine
• How to taste wine using the WSET ‘Systematic approach to Tasting’
For more detail on the course structure & content, as well as assessment criteria and sample exam questions view the WSET Level 1 Specification here.
Included in the fee:
- study book (provided on the day)
- 9 wines to taste
- practical food and wine pairing
- professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutors
- examination fees
- internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin upon passing the exam
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'