Passionate or interested about wine & want to learn more? Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you and is a fascinating Introduction to the wonderful world of wine! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. This course also includes a delicious 2-course lunch with a glass of Champagne.
"I attended the Saturday Introduction class and was absolutely impressed with the day. I can't believe how much I learnt in 5 hours. I can't recommend it highly enough. Cecile's passion was obvious and she had no problem passing it onto us. A great day and I will attend further sessions. Thank you Cecile!" (Sarah W).
- Introduction to the world’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy and Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Malbec, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Torrontes, Chenin Blanc and others
- How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing and influence of oak
- How to taste wines – colour, aromas and flavours
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 11 Wines
- The effect of climate and weather on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
- Food and wine matching: tips, hints and advice.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'