While Tempranillo and Garnacha might be the most famous Spanish grapes, if it’s white wine that floats your boat, you are now spoilt for choice. Galicia is home to vibrant, food friendly Albariños and dynamic Godello.
And, not to be forgotten, dare we offer you a sherry from Jerez...we promise this is not Harveys Bristol Cream your granny has in the sideboard, this is trendy, delicious, food friendly, we love it!
Plus of course Cava!! This sparkling wine is made EXACTLY the same way as Champagne, sometimes even the same grape varieties, come along and find out more.
We will taste at least 6 different wines on this tasting and here are just some you might expect to taste:
• Cava (sparkling wines)
• Albariños (one of our customers refers to this as a “session wine”?)
• Godello (top quality potential, one of our favourites – a must try)
• White Rioja (always a winner at our events)
• Navarra Rose (take care, usually lots of alcohol, we’ll tell you why)
• Mencia (a classic grape but only just landing here)
• Rioja (at least one if not two, just to highlight the difference styles
• Priorat (the big one, rich and deep, always a winner)
• Sherry (please trust us on this one, so many Tapas bars in London now, this is just a taster)