Join us for an introductory look at 3 main white wine grapes: Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Riesling. This evening is perfect for those who want to better understand these wines and the food they best pair with.
Sauvignon Blanc is the most popular kind of white wine at the moment, but what to expect differs depending on the country of origin. Chardonnay need not mean having an oaky wine - there are plenty of different styles - and some are great with fish while others are better with creamy pasta. And Riesling is extremely versatile, pairing well with many different foods.
By the end of the evening, you will have learned:
- How Sauvignon Blanc aromas differ by climate
- The many different styles of Chardonnay
- Different levels of sweetness in white wine and how to use them
- Main label terms to look for with each grape
- Food pairing ideas and why they work
All tastings include: a minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, use of professional tasting glasses and some food pairing with nibbles.
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift either as a dated or undated voucher.