The Level 2 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual classroom sessions by one of our certified wine educators using Zoom.
The course that takes you from beginner to intermediate level. Students may start here (it is not necessary to first complete Level 1).
You'll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties, the regions in which they are grown and the styles of wine they produce. You'll explore factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
Why choose to study online with us?
- Our online courses offer a near classroom experience - you will be tutored by a professionally qualified instructor, these are not 'self-study' or 'distance learning' courses
- You will be able to interact LIVE with your tutor and other students and ask questions during the sessions
- We offer different formats including evenings, weekends and condensed courses so you can choose to suit your schedule
- The convenience of an online exam - take your exam in the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you
- All courses booked through Cambridgeshire Wine School also include an online 1-hour exam preparation/revision session
There is the option to take your exam in the classroom, please email us to enquire before booking.
For more detail on the course structure amd content, as well as assessment criteria and sample exam questions - view the full Level 2 specification.
You don’t need to worry about sourcing wines to taste on your online course. Our wine experts have specially selected a range of wines for each course to illustrate key learning outcomes. When you register for the course you will be sent a secure link with an option to buy the recommended wines at an exclusive discounted price.
All courses booked include an individually tailored support package designed to ensure that you are fully prepared for your exam including:
- Telephone/e-mail based mentoring service
- Online exam preparation session
All our course tutors are knowledgeable and passionate about wine and they are some of the best wine educators in the business.